Vasisthasana or Side Plank is one of my favorite poses to use in both Yoga and Pilates. A great pose that targets the whole core, and strengthens the arms and legs at the same time.
- Strengthens arms, legs, torso, and core
- Stretches and strengthens the wrists
- Helps you to focus and control balance
- From a table top position move your body into plank
- Gently shift your weight into your right hand
- Turn your body to your left and stack your feet
- Firmly ground down into the palm of your right hand and the outside of your right foot
- Fire up the legs, engage your core, and open your chest to the side.
- Keep the hips lifted and reach out in both directions with the hands and arms
- Hold for a few breaths and gently and slowly shift back into plank
- Take it to the other side