This is the kind of Tuna Salad you’re used to. As the weather gets warmer, you just want something that is cooling, refreshing and light. I love this variation on Tuna Salad, that uses no mayonnaise. You can load it up with TONS of your favorite fresh veggies from the local farmer’s market, varying each time. Avocado gives you your healthy fats, and eggs and the Tuna give you the protein. Here is my variation (this recipe makes three servings).
Chop and add to a big bowl:
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Cucumber
- A handful or more of cherry/grape tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 2 – 3 Hard boiled eggs
- 2 Cans of Tuna in water
Dressing (mix in separate bowl than add to bowl of veggies and mix it up good. Serve cold):
- 1 -2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Sea Salt to taste
- Any herbs you wish to add. I added Dill
Enjoy!! Simple and delicious.