The Pilates exercise known as the Corkscrew is another abdominal exercise that challenges stability. The goal is to engage and work the abdominals while maintaing trunk stability.
Benefits of Corkscrew:
- Challenges stability
- Strengthens the Powerhouse including all abdominals
- Stretches and lengthens the legs including the hamstrings
How to do the Corkscrew:
- Lie supine and extend the legs to the ceiling
- Anchor your hands by your side, with the palms down for support
- Reach your legs across your body to the right, keeping the low back and opposite hip down
- Circle the legs away from you and to the other side
- Return the legs to center and reverse.