One of my secrets to being successful in my health, fitness and wellness goals is PREPARATION. Part of setting myself up for success is meal prep. I make most of my meals for the week ahead of time. On Sundays, I make all of my breakfast, lunch and snack meals for the upcoming week. This way I have my fridge stocked full of healthy, Paleo meals that are ready to just be heated and I don’t have any excuse to cheat. No stopping at Starbucks in the morning to grab a sugar laden muffin.
This Breakfast Casserole recipe is super easy to make and so delicious. I have also made these as individual Egg Cups by baking the recipe in muffin tins. I do find that making this recipe in a casserole dish is much easier to prepare as everything goes in one pan.
I’m listing the ingredients that I used for this batch, but you can get creative with what veggies and other proteins you add to the recipe. I typically use ground beef and season that instead of using sausage. I add spinach, onions and bell peppers, but have also done this with broccoli and other veggies. Go crazy with the veggie combinations.
- 18 whole eggs
- 1/2 to 1 Pound of Ground Meat (Beef, Chicken or Turkey)
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 3 cups of Kale
- 1 Medium Onion
- Seasonings of your choice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Grease a casserole pan and preheat the oven to 420 Degrees
- Dice the green bell pepper and onion (or other veggies you are using)
- Add the spinach and bell pepper to the casserole pan
- In a pan add the meat and onion and any seasonings, salt and pepper. Heat the meat through to almost completely cooked.
- Add the onion and meat mixture to the casserole pan
- In a separate bowl add the eggs and beat well.
- Pour the eggs over the veggie and meat in the casserole dish
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes until cooked through and browned around the edges
- Let cool and then cut into desired servings and place in tupperware
- For breakfast, place the tupperware in the microwave for about 90 seconds.